Today was encouraging in a strange way. Eliana has been sick, and Lucas started the day at school by howling when we left him in his class. That was hard. In the afternoon we decided to take Eliana to Clinica Biblica for a checkup. We got there and had her checkup. When I saw the bill I realized that I didn't have enough money, nor did I have my credit card (I try to only carry what is essential here). So, Holly and Eliana waited while Lucas and I hailed another cab back home to get money and a credit card.

How is this encouraging? Well, I was able to have a good conversation with the taxi driver, talking to him about the gospel some. Meanwhile, Holly met a young woman named Karol, who used to attend a Baptist church but no longer goes anywhere. Holly said that she may come to our church with us in the future . . . God obviously uses our weaknesses to show His strength.

0 comments: