I don´t know why, but I continue to be fascinated by technology. Now, what does technology have to do with missionary work? I would say a lot. For one thing, we can reach many with technology. I just finished reading a bit of a blog by a missionary here in Colombia, and he mentioned that he had 13 students in class and over 600 outside of class who access his website of resources in Spanish (Recursos Teologicos).

At least one pastor here in Bogota has asked me about good theological resources in Spanish online. It remains a great need. In English I can recommend many sites, but in Spanish only a handful. For what it's worth I offer the beginning of my work towards putting many resources together. At this point my work is only on my del.icio.us page, but I would like to convert that into a full-blown website in the future.

On a similar note, I've recently started using Google Notebook, which is a handy way to save all of your links, research online, etc. I'm still pondering the ways these technologies can be used in my ministry. At the very least, I'm not losing a lot of good links that I run across on a regular basis.

0 comments: