Just a quick post to plug the book that we are using for discipleship in Chia. As a Sunday school class we have been going through it, and I also have been leading a discipleship with Javier from our church, and I'm also in the study with Pastor Jose. In other words, I have had some good contact with this book.

The most exciting day was yesterday as Javier and I studied lesson 4, which deals with the "way of man" in contrast with the "way of God." The lesson has a wonderful chart contrasting different ways of dealing with personal problems (Freudian approach, behaviorist approach, New Age approach, spiritist approach, and a biblical approach). The lights came on for Javier as we studied this chapter. "You mean I don't have to worry about the curses from my grandparents... You mean when I focus on my self-esteem that's actually sin?" He left with several burdens lifted from his shoulders because of a faulty understanding of Christian growth.

I would encourage you to check out this book in English. I can only vouch for the Spanish version, but I'm sure they're the same. If you want to grow spiritually, grab some discipline and get ready to grow!

Self-confrontation: a Manual for In-depth Discipleship.

0 comments: