Last night I had my first class at the Valley of Tenjo Baptist Institute on "Inductive Bible Study." The problem was that our car also has "pico y placa" (peak and license plate) on Thursdays, which means that we can't drive it in the city during rush hours.

Holly had gone with the kids to a book fair somewhere in Bogota, and I expected them to get back on time so that I could get out of the city before rush hour. Holly called twice to tell me how things were going, but it seemed like she would make it on time. I finally realized I'd waited too long, so I caught a taxi to go pick the car up where she'd left it. By that time I only had enough time to get the car back to our house before it was grounded.

I confess that I reacted in a sinful way because I felt angry about the whole thing. I asked Holly for forgiveness for my anger towards her, and had to leave on Transmilenio, which is the big bus system within Bogota. Thankfully there's a station about 5 minutes from our house, and it costs about 50 cents. I caught a bus out to the bus terminal on the edge of the city, and then took a bus to Tenjo.

Some people don't like using public transportation but it fascinates me. It's cheap, usually quick, and you don't have to worry about a few things that a driver normally has to worry about in this country (my two biggest fears are hitting an empty man hole or hitting a biker/motorcyclist).

I ended up spending the night in Tenjo with Scott because there really aren't very convenient bus routes back to Bogota after 9 p.m. As always it was a blessing to talk ministry with Scott.

Oh, the first class went excellently too! I definitely love teaching, especially in one of my favorite subjects like Bible study.

0 comments: