Just a quick post about the joy of being involved in the ministry here in Bogota and Chia. God has certainly not allowed me to get bored. Last week I had the privilege of teaching the Monday and Wednesday sessions on 50 reasons why Christ died on the cross. Pastor Jose and I used John Piper's book, The Passion of Jesus Christ as a starting point for the study, although we modified some of his points for theological reasons. On Friday, I preached my first Good Friday message; taught Sunday School and led the choral group on Resurrection Sunday, preached in seminary chapel last night and then had my first counseling session with a family from our church.

All of this speaking has really shown me my weaknesses in Spanish, but God has helped me to see this from a 2 Corinthians 12:9-10 perspective. When we are weak, He can be strong in us.

0 comments: