We're gearing up for a missions conference at Valley View Baptist Church in Council Bluffs, IA, which starts Wednesday night. I'm preaching on Wednesday night and Sunday morning from 2 Corinthians 4. That chapter has things in it that send chills down my spine. I'm going to preach a two-part series, entitled "Treasure in Earthen Vessels." The first sermon will emphasize the treasure of Christ, and the second one will highlight how we need to embrace our status as "earthen vessels" in order to give God all the glory in our lives and ministries.

The church is also taking us to the zoo in Omaha on Friday. That'll be cool!

Tonight I'll be joining "dorm devos" for one of the dorms at Faith Baptist Bible College. It'll bring back some good memories from my years in the dorm at Faith ('94-'98). I'm hoping that I can encourage the guys with some things that "I didn't learn in Bible college and seminary."

0 comments: