We've been "busy" lately with things that sometimes drive me crazy. A good type of busy is when you're preparing lessons and sermons, preaching and teaching, having lunch with a co-worker to share the gospel, etc.

But alas, I've been keeping many appointments for things that need to be done but aren't necessarily "rewarding." Like today I had an extensive physical exam. Earlier this week I was looking into the logistics of shipping our stuff to Colombia. You get the idea.

We were able to hear John Piper preach this last weekend in Minneapolis. We went to hear him on Saturday night and then shared Sunday with one of our supporting churches. I was struck by his intensity in the pulpit. I need to become more intense about what I say from the Bible because eternal destiny hangs in the balances.

Tuesday I spent the day at a workshop on Baptist distinctives by Colin Smith from Baptist Bible College. I may share more about that later, but it was very helpful. Why am I a Baptist? What makes Baptists distinct?

0 comments: