I just received my copy of the latest Evangelical Missions Quarterly journal. It's my favorite journal because it keeps me up-to-date with what's going on in the field of missions, stretches my thinking, and convicts me. Here are a few convicting quotes and questions from an article I just read about the culture of the cross:

"Is Jesus the center of my thoughts and conversations?"

"What percentage of my personal life and my ministry is a work of the Spirit?"

"Our action-oriented culture conditions us to be disinclined to spend significant time surrendering our needs and concerns to God in prayer."

"Do I follow him [Christ] to the boundary of suffering and then hold back?"

God has really been working on me lately through a Bible study I've been doing and also through extra reading such as this.

0 comments: