I haven't been writing lately because we've been pretty busy. Being in language school seems to take more time than the 5 hours we are at school each day. For those who read our blog on a regular basis, I'll try to post something at least once per week.

Our maid who has been with us for a month has decided not to sign a contract since she found a better job. We're happy for her. We had an interview with Marina today. She seems like she'll be a great fit (Nos conviene tener una empleada -- para los que hablan espanol). Our first maid was working 6 hours on Wednesdays. Marina, who could be my grandma, is going to work for 8 hours, of which 1-2 hours will be language practice with me. This will be excellent!

I've felt like the most important thing I'm missing is continual practice in Spanish. Right now Carlos and I get together one night per week for a trade of English and Spanish. A fellow ABWE missionary and I attend a Bible study with recovering drug addicts on Tuesdays (soon I'll be teaching the Bible lessons). Thursday nights I go to prayer meeting (think small group Bible study/prayer time), etc.

Classes are going well. I learn something new every day in grammar class. Holly has learned a lot too. Her Spanish is going to be almost perfect after this trimester, plus she can now throw around Costa Rican words for things.

The kids are surviving. At time prospering, at times floundering. Asi es la vida. They seem to like their classes more every day. I think it's time to take them on a walk now. Gotta run!

0 comments: